Monday, September 20, 2021

FanX, 2021 Edition...Day 3...The Final Day


To be fair, I did not spend all day at FanX's finale. I actually had to go a few hours in. Still, from what I experienced, it was another wonderful day.

Closing a con is bittersweet. 

On the one hand, your body is literally spent. From all the walking, standing, speaking loudly to be heard over all the constant background noise found in the vendor hall, the panel rooms, and every corner of the convention. When I leave a con on the final day, I'm exhausted, tired--but, it's a good tired.

But, on the other hand, for people like me enjoying being with friends, meeting new friends, and experiencing pure unabashed creativity makes it worth it. So when the final call booms over the convention hall speakers, it's a sad time--mostly because we know we won't get another opportunity to meet up and experience the same feeling for another year.

If we're lucky, that is. Before last year, I would be hard pressed to believe anything could stop such a successful franchise. 

I was wrong.

Day 3 came and went. I saw friends on our stage. I saw friends at their booths. I saw people loving the opportunity to be among those with like interests. I even saw a kid who made his homemade armor out of cardboard. Some might think it was lame, but I loved it...he put a lot of work into it. No, it didn't look like the armor worn by the professional cosplayers, but I think I liked his costume more.

Day 3, and this year's FanX has come and gone. I hope it happens again next year. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment