Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Unintended Consequences...And Mosquitos


 I tried to get a picture of a mosquito flying around our house or in our yard, but turns out I don't want to wait for one of them to land on me and suck my blood while I'm taking out my phone to capture the shot.

So, I did an internet search and took a picture of the bug instead.

It's better that way.

What's not better is something we discovered this past week...discovered by accident.

If you pay someone to kill spiders around your house, it appears that causes the mosquito population around that house to explode.

I could be wrong. I'm no scientist. We hired a service to kill the spiders around our house. Great, we thought. Many had knocked on our door in the past selling death to pesky spiders. This time we bit--we hired them to do their deeds. A few days later, we can hardly go outside during certain times of the day without being swarmed by the biting bugs. Of course, there may be absolutely no correlation between the killing of the mosquito-eating life forms and the abundance of mosquitos.

Then again...

Last weekend, as I drove home, I saw a sign for mosquito abatement services...maybe it's the same people we hired to kill the spiders. Now that's a racket!

No comments:

Post a Comment