Sunday, September 19, 2021

Give Thanks...The Kindness Of Others


 If you've followed this blog the past week, you know it's been a crazy one for me. I ended up working for five of the seven days and attend the FanX Comics Convention. Since I live about seventy-five miles away from downtown SLC where the convention was held, the only way I could have pulled this off is due to the kindness of others.

Specifically...a hotel room.

I have attended every Salt Lake Comic Con and FanX convention that's ever been held. I've participated as either a panelist, a vendor, or an organizer. Since 2013 I lived about fifteen miles/fifteen minutes from downtown Salt Lake. It was no problem just hopping in the car and driving a short distance. 

All that changed last year--not complaining.

Thankfully, I was able to stay downtown this year, thanks to these at the con. The room was literally across the street from the convention hall. I had incredible views in the evening, and the mornings. It allowed me to do a better job (in my opinion...) at the convention, be more focused, more attentive to others. I'm grateful that I have friends and colleagues that helped me not only do the show this year but keep my weekend gig. I'm grateful that others thought about me and considered my situation. The kindness of others...a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment