Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Frightmares And Hackenslash...Because Scaring Is Caring


 My shift over, I carried my tired body across the pavement, the same pavement where millions of others have trod. As I made my way to the parking lot, I passed a circular stage that doubles as a beautiful fountain in the summer months.

Only this time, instead of water flying through the air entertaining the masses, figures dressed as ghouls fly and bounce to the sound of a killer soundtrack and dazzling lights.

It's Frightmares at Lagoon.

And the show is Hackenslash.

Years ago, my son and I worked the Hackenslash venue as house managers. The dancers and chainsaw jugglers (not really, but almost...) are an entertaining lot. To do that job, you've got to be upbeat, talented, and excited to perform in front of thousands of park visitors. This year's cast is no different, except we have almost no interaction with their troupe this time around.

The attraction in which I'm involved is just west of the fountain/stage. When the chainsaws rev, I love seeing everyone in the area stop whatever they're doing and turn toward the sound and lights and see dancers with chainsaws.

I mean, who wouldn't do that?

I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment