Saturday, September 18, 2021

FanX, 2021 Edition...Day 2


 I think I took more pictures of Day 2 at FanX than I did Day 1, which isn't saying much. Yes, we had artists, both visual and musical entertain on our stage, along with trivia shows and comedy acts. Once again, the stage was full of successful performances and productions.

For me, one of the best parts of attending a comics convention is the new people you meet. For example, before all the VIP or Gold FanX fans entered, I ran into an artist finding a way to the vendor floor. We entered the building the same time so we struck up a conversation. I made it a point to try and find his booth before my day began.

That's what I did.

I found out that Steve Garcia had worked on several amazing films. I found out it was his first time at our con--I love when we get new talent to our show. After finding his booth we chatted some more. I found out more about him and his work.

Day 2 was a success for me all the way around. Had I more time I could have met more artists with similar stories. I know many people go for the high-profile names, the celebrities, the cosplayers. Me...I'd love to spend the entire time talking to those on Artists Alley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment