Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Time To Wear Ties...A Time To Not


Today, I wore a tie. The tie in the picture was not a Father's Day present (it was a gift form a friend...). I can't remember the last time I got a tie as a gift for Father's Day. It's been many years. There was a time when I owned dozens and dozens of ties, many were my father's. The last time he wore a tie was in 1974. Most of his ties were skinny ones, from the 1960s.

There was a time when wearing skinny ties was considered, "cool."

When I started working for my current employer, the dress code for men was ties. I had many different ties back then. I thought about which ones to wear, which ones I liked, which ones I didn't wear very much.

Times sure have changed.

Now, I wear a tie approximately four times a month, once a week and that's when I go to church. Other than that, I'm in sweats, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, but rarely ties.

I suppose Ecclesiastes is right...there's a time for just about everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment