Monday, June 6, 2022

Is There A Cooler Store Than Smith And Edwards...? I Think Not


 Every driver and/or passenger traveling either north or south on Interstate-15 in Northern Utah, you've driven by a surplus store called Smith and Edwards. If you've never stopped and entered the store, you've missed out on a shopping experience like few others.

I mean, when you have a section in the store labeled "Zombie Apocalypse," you know it's not your everyday store.

I can't exactly remember the first time I went to Smith and Edwards. It might have been when my father was alive. If so, it was around fifty years ago. I think I went there as a teenager with my friends. I do remember that when I used to go, the place was kind of frumpy, meaning, it was a little run-down. 

This is no longer the case. The place was clean, organized, and had just about anything you need. In fact, I believe a slogan the store used to have (and possibly still does...) was, "If we don't have it, you don't need it." That's a perfect way to describe what is inside the building.

We checked out the games, the military clothes, the food. It was the only place we know of that has organic root beer extract. Looks like we'll be making some homemade root beer in the future. They sell firearms, camping gear, and other outdoor equipment. We didn't have time to check out the entire store--that would have taken at least several hours.

If you are familiar with the store, you know what I'm talking about. If not, I recommend you check it out. It's a few miles north of Ogden right before you enter Box Elder County. If you're thinking it probably has nothing that you really need, I think you'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment