Friday, June 17, 2022

History Is Cool...And Sometimes Wet

 


I came across a bit of history the other day. Personally, I found it interesting--you might, too. Box Elder County in Utah is the state's northwestern-most county. It's large and by comparison, not highly populated. It's where we call home.

Because we live in a desert, water can be scarce. We first drove to the county two years ago. One thing I remember seeing were canals full of water. Since it's an agrarian community, that didn't surprise me. There appears to be a lot of water in this valley. Last year, like most of the west, we were put on restrictions for watering our lawns and yards. I think because of the water in this valley, our restrictions were not as severe as other places in the state and/or country. This year, we expect more restrictions. 

I'm including the county's Instagram information. If it interests you, check it out. If not, no worries...historical and current water management information isn't for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment