Saturday, June 18, 2022

All Those Little Brilliant Ideas...


Yeah, so my great idea didn't work. Oh, I had visions that I would not only work but I would be called a genius by my wife and children. And, if I marketed it well, by others, too.

But, no...

The dog had other plans.

We have grown children living with us. It is a sign of the times, but we also love having them close. The oldest has a room directly under the kitchen. When we gather as a family, sometimes our oldest does not hear us.. Being a media content producer he is, many times, involved in a project and is wearing headphones. Sure, we could go downstairs and ask him to come up, but I had another idea.

In our house, we also have a poodle. The dog is very intelligent. We'll tell him to go get our son. The dog will look at us, then down the stairs, then back at us, then he'll run down the stairs to our son's room. He might even do this a couple of times. The problem is, my son sometimes doesn't see the dog when he goes into his room.

Thus, my idea.

I took a piece of paper, wrote a message to my son, and attached it to the dog's collar. I'm thinking this great idea can't miss. Turns out, it can. The dog has pretty much the run of the house, except for the bathrooms, some bedrooms, and where the cat lives. The problem was he doesn't go into my son's room that much so even though the message stayed attached to the collar, my son never saw it. I suppose we could train the dog to not only go into the room, but go up to my son so the collared message would be seen and acknowledged. 

We could train him to do that, but we're too lazy. And laziness was the main reason I came up with the idea in the first place. Maybe a lot of "great" ideas could be overcome by just not being lazy. If only I could come up with a great idea for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment