Monday, June 20, 2022

Learning New Stuff...

Last week I posted a picture of a beautiful flower I spotted at a local nursery. I snapped a photo, but I failed to notice the name of the flower on the little plastic thingy that usually accompanies a plant so you know what it is you bought.

I used the flower picture as my Pic Of The Day and I included a quip that I didn't know what it was. I hoped someone with more flora experience would comment on my little photo so I would find out what type of flower it was. If you know my friends, then you have probably guessed that almost all the comments were some like...

"It's a flower."

My fault for stating I didn't know what it was. Shame on me.

But one friend, Anne, she gave me a way to find out what flower it was, and I didn't even have to drive to the nursery and look at the little plastic thingy.

If you have an iPhone (I do...), after you've taken a picture of a plant or flower, open your Photos App and if you see a plant icon or a star by the "I" at the bottom, it means there is additional information about that plant. I went back into my photos and found the flower. I also found out it's a Gazania Regens. There might be other names by which is known as well.

Thanks, Anne for the info! Learning new stuff is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment