Friday, June 24, 2022

I Made A Thing...!


I think many have seen the photo. It's been making its way across the internet. It's easy to understand the popularity...in a single photo presenting pure genius, and I'm sure more than a few, "why didn't I think of that?" thoughts have been generated.

I think that's where I got my inspiration.

We use child gates to close off sections in home where we don't want the dog to go. We use it most when someone knocks on our front door. We tell the dog to go down, he does, and we place the gate across the top of the stairs and there he stays. We didn't want the gate to scratch up the floor or the posts so, up until recently, we took some wrap used to go around dinner plates when moving and placed them on the sides and bottom of the gate.

That was over a year and a half ago.

Since then, the polyurethane packaging we used on the gate was starting to disintegrate. The other day, while at the Dollar Store (or Dollar and a Quarter Store...), I spotted the noodles. It reminded me of the photo. When I got home I spotted the gate and put 2 and 2 and 2 together. On a return trip to the store, we picked up a couple of noodles and with the help of duct tape and scissors, our gate was transformed into floor and post-safe barrier. 

Interesting tidbit on that driver photo, it's a photo of an Australian trucker in 2019. You can read more about it by clicking: HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment