Saturday, June 25, 2022

Found Some Old-Man Glasses...


 The reason I went to our local thrift store was to buy a couple of pairs of glasses. The reason I needed the glasses is because I lost the screw on my current pair of glasses the held one of the temples (I just learned this term...) to the rest of the glasses. If you wear glasses--and even if you don't--you know the screws that hold glasses together are very small. Since I couldn't find the tiny screw, I decided the next best thing would be to go buy a few pairs of old glasses and use them for parts.

Part one of my plan--find old pairs of glasses.

Part two of my plan--buy the old pairs of glasses.

Part three of my plan--take them home and tear them apart.

Part four of my plan--fix my old glasses.

I'm proud to say all four parts of my plan worked perfectly. But, something happened that I didn't expect. One of the pairs of glasses I bought has almost the same optical prescription as my current pair. I think that's amazing. I mean, what are the odds? To be funny, I put on the glasses and showed them to my family. Their reactions were predictable.

"You have old-man glasses."

Predictable because it's true. They do look like glasses someone older might wear. I did not tear apart this pair. No, I placed them with other items I've collected through the years, items I wear on stage, items to help me create a new personality. I figure, if I'm every called upon to play a part of someone older than I am, I might dig out the glasses and see if they'll work.

You know, either older, or...

An accountant.

No comments:

Post a Comment