Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home Sick


I think when the alarm rang yesterday at around 5:25am I somehow knew that I wouldn't be going to work today. My actions today allowed that prophecy to come to pass. I felt bad and knew that I most likely picked up whatever microscopic creature escaped from the gigantic petri dish that is our house. These facts shaped my decision.

There's a lot going on at my house during the day. Each of our four children remain at home as a destination for their formal education. Having six of us under the same roof makes our somewhat smallish home sometimes feel even smaller. But we love it and wouldn't want it any other way (of course, the views of this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of all occupants of the home all the time...).

I took the opportunity while resting to do a couple of things. I sent in my short story to the Selected Shorts Writing Contest (see link: http://www.symphonyspace.org/shorts/writing_contest for more information--contest ends 1 March, 2011). I have no serious aspirations, but it's fun to dream. And since I was in bed all day, I was able to work on another project that involves scenes and dialogue and motivation and character development. I will keep everyone informed if it moves from the written page to digital life.

In the afternoon my wife and I streamed on Netflix "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend," an independent film written and directed by Daryn Tufts (see IMBd link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1447793/ personally, I give it more stars than the IMBd page did...). We liked it. I saw people I actually know (and, more importantly, might say they know me...). If you get a second, it's not bad.

I think I knew when my alarm didn't go off this morning at 5:25am (or any other time, for that matter...) that I would be going to work tomorrow. I guess I need to make sure my actions allow that prophecy to come to pass, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment