Friday, February 11, 2011

Pic Of The Day


So, I have a digital camera, and a computer, and all my digits and barely enough disk space to download a daily picture so that's what I'm going to do. Of course, some days I might post more pictures, but in my universe, more pictures are better than no pictures.

Usually, I write my daily blog at night, either right before, or right after with paper and pen my journal receives a daily entry. So far, I've written every day on this blog (and I count writing twice last Sunday as daily because technically I wrote the entry Saturday night and left it to post overnight but didn't know it didn't post until Sunday morning, so, well....there you have it). Writing daily is something I HAVE to do and not in a o.c.d. sort of way, but in a way that if I don't write daily--knowing me--I won't write at all.

Back in January 1985 a friend gave me a journal and said I should write in it everyday. Since January 1985, I may have missed four days tops, and I haven't missed writing in a journal every day since some time around February 1987. These journals currently sit on various bookshelves around my bedroom with 98% of those pages having never been re-read (and sometimes, not read--even while they were being written...oh the humanity of grammatical errors!).

But these volumes do exist, the longest autobiographical novel I've ever written. So today I add my Pic Of The Day as another daily thing to do. Usually I write at night, but now I'm writing in the afternoon. Soon my two oldest sons and I will take to the hills (literally) and go camping. I'm betting there's no internet access where I'm headed--most likely no cell phone service. I have no idea what picture(s) I'll collect in the next 24 hours, but be assured, at least one of those pictures will find their way to this digital page.

No comments:

Post a Comment