Sunday, February 13, 2011

Priorvej 12

Around 25 years ago, I posed with some friends in front of a building We congregated around the sign showing the address of that building, Priorvej 12. I loved that building.


I remember the faces of those sitting and standing around me (my head is just left of the letter "P" on the sign), but some of the names escape my memory. I do know that one of these men is no longer with us. He passed away only a few years after this picture was taken. He was a good man. The others have pursued various careers. I know of at least one attorney in the group and another is a very talented interior decorator. The method in which I earn a living has been--and will continue to be--detailed in this blog.

The quaint building behind us and to the right no longer exists. I lived in that house for eight months. It was my home away from home. The building was demolished to make way for a LDS temple, only the second temple created from an existing structure. The first was in Utah, the second (and the location of this picture) is in Denmark. I'll do some digging in one of several shoebox full of prints and slides and try and find a picture of the church-turned-temple and show you how it looked back in the mid-1980's.

When I do dig into those pictures, the flood of memories overwhelms me. Like many, I may not have appreciated the experience while living it. That's probably something I still do. When I look at this picture, I remember, those were some good men and good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment