Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Tale Of Two Parking Lots...


I thought I knew what I would find. As I thought about what to include in tonight's blog post, I thought I had an easy topic to cover. I thought I knew what I would find when I pulled up to two parking lots tonight.

I was wrong.

On the way home from the bus stop I noticed a usually empty parking lot at the shopping center in our town. Seeing a full lot I realized the latest big store had opened its doors and it appeared a lot of people were checking out the latest spot to spend money.


One thing I wanted to do today was vote, and I thought since it wasn't a big election year, things would be very quiet at the voting location. I expected to pull up, park anywhere, then rush in a vote. Oh, I thought there might be a couple of people there, but I'd be one of only a few voters.

I was wrong.


Now, don't get me wrong. I'm sure there were more people in the store than at the polls at that given moment, but the fact that the parking lot at the voting location had fewer parking spots available made me happy.


News reports are going to say that voter turnout was again poor, but seeing others exercising their right to vote made me happy.


So happy, I had other decisions to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment