Thursday, November 7, 2013

Xfinity...Still A Fan

 

Say the word "Cable" to people and you get a reaction somewhere between ambivalence and outright disdain. But tonight I look around my house and I am in awe.

We, like many of you, have "the bundle." Yes, it's pricy, but since we homeschool having high speed internet is more a need than a want. We researched many internet provider and cable appears to be the best deal for us. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the vilest of things said about the cable company. In full disclosure I used to work for the company that preceded Xfinity.


But, when you think about it, it's amazing what they provide. Tonight two games were on that I wanted to see. My solution--I streamed one game on my computer and the other on my phone.


I look over and my wife is doing some work from home in which she used two computers, both accessing the internet. In the other room, the kids were watching something On Demand. During the night we received several phone calls, and if needed, we could have had two or more of the kids on their computers and each of us would have enough internet power to handle all of it. All this through one relatively small cable.


Now I know cable has its problems. There's some bad things about both the company and the industry. But in our house tonight, what it did was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment