Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Well...


In a community near ours there is an Artesian well. I'm not going to say where this well is, but some in our area know where it is. I've heard about it for years, but never considered using it. We've had some issues with the water supplied by the city so for the last few months, we've driven over and filled up our containers.


I am no expert at water sources. I understand the basics of a well, water underground is retrieved either by a pump or by having naturally flow. The water is not treated (at least, not that I know of...). It's not tested, and it tastes great.


It's a private well so the owners set up a donation box. Donations are not required, but each time we've filled up, we've ponied up. My guess is others do as well. The owners don't have to share, but they do. I'd like to think if we had an Artesian well on our property, we'd share too.


In the strange world in which we live, I wonder how long we'll be able to drive up, and fill up. Maybe the government will get involved and make such actions illegal. I sure hope that doesn't happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment