Saturday, November 2, 2013

Another Neighbor Passes Away...

*

We came back from being out of town for a week and I fired up Facebook. The first thing I saw was a notice that our neighbor died.

To say Charles Clark was a part of Farmington is like saying Larry Miller was part of the Utah Jazz. I find it hard to imagine this community without him. He was my friend's father and at one time, my scoutmaster. And we sang together in many a church choir. He was a reliable bass when a reliable bass was needed. 

What made the news more shocking is that I just saw him two weeks ago. He was coming out of church and passed me. I could have said hello, but he had already passed and, well...you know how those moments go.

I asked my friend who posted the news what had happened. Apparently his health had not been good as of late. I was unaware of this. It's still a shock.

In my 20's and 30's, many of my friend's grandparents were passing away. My last living grandparent died when I was 9. I wondered what it would be like knowing my grandparents for so long. Now, it's my friends parents who are leaving us. Once again I'm ahead of the curve.

My prayers go out to the Clarks who are missing a good man.

* Photo used without permission from: http://www.russonmortuary.com/sitemaker/sites/RUSSON1/obit.cgi?user=1152143Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment