Saturday, November 9, 2013

Trader Joe's--A Swell Place...


"You gotta go to Trader Joe's!" we'd hear from our California and Washington State relatives. "If you want natural food that doesn't cost a ton, you need to go."


Well, that's nice if you happen to live close to a Trader Joe's, closer than a few hundred miles. But last year prayers were answered when the company announced plans to open Utah's first Trader Joe's. 


The first time I set foot in the place was earlier this year. I must say, it's no Whole Foods. In fact, the atmosphere felt a little "rustic," and not in the best way. The store wasn't dirty or run down or neglected. It was very clean and the employees could not have been nicer. I guess I was expecting something else.


We visited a Trader Joe's in Camarillo, California and it looked just like the one in Salt Lake. The employees were just as friendly, too.


Tonight we shopped, visited, and spotted the seagull (I'd post a picture where it is, but that wouldn't be fair...). I'm pretty sure we'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment