Thursday, November 14, 2013

Salt Lake Comic Con 2014 News

*

It's not everyday a non-member of the media gets to attend a press conference. Today I did. 

 

There's some news concerning the 2014 Salt Lake Comic Con. Organizers are taking the "Double The Pleasure, Double The Fun" attitude. 

 

There are going to be two events, a Comic Con FanXperience (Fan X) April 17-19, 2014, and the big show Comic Con September 4-6, 2014, with double the floor space as last year. Estimates for next year's event top 100,000 people. They need that floor space!


The press conference was held two buildings over from where I work so my friend and I took a short break and I snapped a couple of pictures. I spotted my friend, Blake Casselman, who set me up with a sweet deal for last year's Comic Con.


And the Jazz Bear was in the house! (outside, actually...)

*

The first guests were announced. Cheers filled the hall.


News media were in attendance. Lots of cameras a snappin'.


There were also a few in costume. I tried to capture their unique essence in pictures, but I was unsuccessful.


All in all, I returned to work excited by the possibilities, and isn't that a great way to go back to work? You bet it is!

* Comic Con graphics used without permission from: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment