Monday, September 22, 2014

Two Decades And Two Years...


It's been twenty-two years, two decades and two years since I entered a building as a single man and came out married. It's been quite a ride!

For fun, I Googled September 22, 1992 and to be honest, I thought I'd find more for such an important date in history. I learned a storm hit France and a couple of dozen people died. That's tragic. Also a baseball player--Aurelio Lopex, Mexican baseball player (born 1948) passed away.

But I choose not to dwell on these stories. I prefer to remember the day as the day I married an amazing woman, a woman who has stood by me, accepted my faults, even laughed at my corny jokes. I mean, if that's not love, I don't know what is!

There's been highs and lows, celebrations and tragedies, kids, mortgages, about a dozen cars (including several minivans...), and several pets and fewer indoor plants. So far, we wake up relatively happy and blessed to be taking this journey together. I can't imagine my life any other way.

So, thank you, Lynda! For everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment