Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Birthday...To My First Sister-In-Law


Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. She and I are the same age and will be for just over a month. I've mentioned this before on this blog (and I'm probably the only who remembers...), but I heard about her before my brother met her.

While on my mission in Denmark, a fellow missionary was reading a letter he received from home and in the letter, he mentioned his friend who was going to college. I think there was even a picture of her.

Fast forward several months and I find out my brother's first dating, then is engaged to that same girl. Of course, I didn't know it was the same girl until after I got back from my mission and my brother was married.

Funny how things work.

It was almost thirty years since I first found out about my future sister-in-law. She and my brother just celebrated a wedding anniversary, twenty-eight years they've been married. It's amazing how fast time races from us. In the above pictures, she's the one in black.

To Laura, I wish nothing but the best for you in the coming year. There'll be so many new adventures, new opportunities, new challenges in the next twelve months and I know you'll attack each with the zest and a smile we've all come to love. If you know Laura, you know what I'm talking about. 

Happy birthday, Sis! Here's to many many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment