Saturday, October 11, 2014

So, I Was Doing The Laundry And...

*

So, I was doing the laundry and...

I tweaked my back.

Such is life.

I don't know a lot about human anatomy, but what I do know about the back and spine is that it's a tricky area. I have friends who have needed back surgery to correct problems and others who live with the pain, and some who live with the pain even after having surgeries.

Needless to say, it's a delicate part of the body that can give a person fits. 

I've been lucky. I have, occasionally, tweaked my back, but mostly my upper back was affected. I hurt it sneezing once, and another time, I think I turned my head to look at something. Basically innocent actions that a person does everyday can throw a back out. That's what makes it so unpredictable. Today I was taking the sheets off the bed and the pain hit my lower back. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't move. I was able to finish the task at hand and get the sheets into the washing machine, but the rest of my laundry day was done a little bit more carefully than normal.

I've never had lower back problems, hence the luck. In fact, except for some pretty obnoxious allergy reactions (obnoxious to others...), I feel I'm fairly healthy. In a few months, my time on this planet will surpass that of my father. It makes me think about life and death and stuff. I suppose we all think of those things from time to time. For now, however, I'm going to be thinking about my back.

* Photo used without permission from: http://www.backpain-guide.com/Chapter_Fig_folders/Ch05_Anatomy_Folder/4OverallSpine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment