Friday, October 3, 2014

You Just Never Know What Will Happen...


There's a couple of bookshelves in our house that contain several journals. My friend gave me a journal back in January 1985, just before I began my LDS mission to Denmark. That was journal #1. Almost thirty years later, I have no idea what number of journal I'm on now, but I do know I've written an entry every day since then.

One cool thing you can do if you've kept a daily journal for decades is go back and check out some of things you did way back when. Yesterday I was checking out a journal from 1990 and I came across a Christmas concert program from the University of Utah's A'cappella choir. I was a four-year member of that choir and we did so many shows and so many concerts.

I didn't know it at the time, but singing in a different choir that night was a soprano with blond hair that would say "yes" when I asked her to marry me a couple of years later. I had no idea who she was. I was at a party among the different U of U choirs when we finally met. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Another interesting thing about that night and the program which I saved, is when I turned and looked at the back, I noticed a name of a friend, Ryan Kunz on the trombone. Of course at the time, I had no idea who Ryan was. I met him officially about four years ago when we sang in a bell choir together.

I wonder how many other people who were at that concert (who I didn't know at the time...) who I'll eventually meet one day. I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment