Friday, September 22, 2017

25 Years Equals Silver...But It's Golden For Me


Today marks a quarter of a century that my wife and I have been married. I know for some 25 years isn't long and for others it seems like forever. The older I get, two and a half decades doesn't seem long at all. 

A couple of things kept us from celebrating the big day like other silver anniversary couples do, a part-time job, a comic con, things like that. Sure I would love to have taken a trip to distant lands or some other equally impressive way to honor the day, but it didn't work out.

And, in the grand scheme of things, that's okay. Because I have been the luckiest person I know. I've been with my friend, a person who supports me in so many ways, a person who sees beyond my faults, my quirks, my issues. I've almost been with her as long as I was not with her--that happens in a couple of years.

As I think back on the past 25 years, it's hard to express how I feel. And my words can't possibly do justice to the emotions, the feelings we've shared together. Lynda--thanks for believing in me. Thanks for trusting me. I will work forever to try and repay that love. Thanks for the best half century any husband could ever have and thanks for saying "yes" allowing us to take this journey together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment