Thursday, September 21, 2017

John Olsen's New Book..."Crystal King" Is Coming Soon!


I met John because I met Jay and Jay works with John and so I met John. 

And I'm glad I did.

There's a few of us who, because of Xchyler Publishing, have gone from published short-story authors to published novel authors. John's the first. My novel comes out early next year, and Jay Barnson's novel should come out shortly after that.

But today it's John's turn and his book looks amazing! It's called Crystal King, Riland Throne, Book 1. I have not had the opportunity to read it--it's something I plan on doing and something I'm excited to do. You can access the book's Amazon website and pre-order: HERE. Of course, if you go to Salt Lake Comic Con tomorrow or Saturday, you can get a copy now!

From that website, here's a brief description of Crystal King:

An army has overrun and destroyed the royal council and much of the kingdom of Riland's leadership. Now, Gavin Stoutheart’s father the baron is missing, along with Gavin’s brother the heir- both presumed dead. After tormenting his instructors and father for years with his rebellious antics, Gavin must step up to lead his people as they flee before an invading army, one that can outpace his motley collection of castle staff, peasants, and children. Gavin’s only hope for survival is the forbidden animal magic wielded by his closest friends combined with his gift for strategy as he searches for allies along their trail. Will it be enough to keep them alive as they desperately trek through a fractured, leaderless kingdom? For the army of human and animal predators will show no mercy.

Will it be enough? Will they survive? How does this thing turn out?

On October 17th, you'll have to check out Crystal King to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Scott. I sold a third of my copies on a Thursday at Salt Lake Comic Con. That's the slow day. I might just run out before the convention ends.

    ReplyDelete