Thursday, September 28, 2017

Autumn Is A Time For Battles..


I love autumn. It's hands down my favorite season. The killer heat starts to subside, football seasons start, the trees become colorful displays of art, and the year's best holidays are on their way.

There is one big problem, though...a problem that actually gets bigger as the season goes on. And that problem is all the good things there are to eat. You turn around, there's something yummy begging you to eat it. I especially noticed it this last week. 

I started my part-time gig--Lagoon's Frightmares. You'd think a job where I'm doing a lot of walking and being active would help my situation, but you'd think wrong. The issue with Frightmares is they give out a lot of candy down there, which means, there's a lot of candy all over. It's so easy to just grab a mini candy bar here, some Skittles there. It adds up, people!


Then comes my day job. There's always a co-worker or two who has sweets at their desk, but come October, things get out of control. Tuesday doughnuts were brought in. By Day 2 several tasty selections remained, and still more on day three. That's three days where the doughnuts lay there, practically throwing themselves onto my desk, and by extension, into my gut. Even my Coca-Cola bears wanted me to share a Coke with them.

Yes, sometimes the biggest battles are the ones that take place inside ourselves. Here's to hoping I win more battles than I lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment