Monday, September 4, 2017

Photowalk...In The Yard...At Summer's End


Maybe it's because the next day was a holiday. Maybe I just wanted to see what I could find some interesting things to photograph on a warmer-than-usual-for-this-time-of-the-year Sunday evening. Most likely, though, it was the fact that I didn't have to go to work the next morning that drew me into the yard as the day's sunlight dimmed.

Photography is an amazing hobby, especially now. With a relatively cheap camera, or even a phone, a person can take thousands upon thousands of pictures, experimenting the whole time. When it comes to understanding all the capabilities of my Nikon (red) D3300, I'm a novice. It's an amazing piece of technology. Since I'm not a professional photographer, I do a lot of experimenting. Last night I took several shots of the sun through hazy air as it dipped low in the western sky.

I finished taking pictures of our apple tree with its biggest harvest yet. They're not quite ready to be picked, but soon. It's amazing what beauty is before our eyes. We have to only look.











No comments:

Post a Comment