Sunday, September 17, 2017

Up Next...Salt Lake Comic Con, 2017 Edition!


For those of us living in Utah with an "inner nerd" living inside, this is a big week. It's the week we look forward to all year, the week we make final adjustments to costumes, do a little extra research for panels, and order more books to hopefully sell to future fans.

This is the week Salt Lake Comic Con comes to town!

It's one of the best weeks of the year.

If you've followed this blog (or know me in person...), you know that since 2013 I've been fortunate enough to help put on Utah's best convention. Though I've met very few celebrities, and I've never dressed as my favorite superhero (unless that superhero is Scott William Taylor, the author...), I've had some amazing experiences at these events. 

This one should be no different. And I've been asked to help out on two panels, one I'm moderating. I'll blog about those later this week. It's been a crazy month so far and adding Comic Con only adds to the craziness.

People who have never attended these events ask me why they're so popular, why people go again and again, year after year. And I alway say the same thing. For three days (and even more, if you count FanX...), people come from all over, dress up in a way that's generally not acceptable most places, and interact with others just like them, all the while feeling safe and accepted. It's something that people yearn for, search for, pray for. Whenever I'm at a Comic Con, almost everyone is smiling, all the time.

And in just a few days, I'll be lucky enough to get to see those people again.

\

No comments:

Post a Comment