Wednesday, September 20, 2017

If You're At The Con...Check Out The "Steam, Gears, And Bygone Years" Panel Tomorrow!


I think I'll always love steampunk--the art, the clothes, the literature, the decor. It's like when you see someone wearing clothes from the 1980s. You instantly know the time period. When I see people at conventions (or, even in general public...) clad in steampunk gear, I know I've found a kindred spirit. 

Either that, or they just like the way steampunk clothing accentuates certain parts of their body. For me, I'll imagine it's the former.

Tomorrow, from 4pm to 5pm mountain time at this year's Salt Lake Comic Con in Room 255C, a group of steampunk fans/authors will gather and participate on a panel to discuss all things steampunk. I love the panel's name:

Steam, Gears, and Bygone Years

Joining me on the panel are Cindy Grigg, Sean Hoard, Angie Lofthouse, Aaron Michael Ritchey, and Dan Wills. The great thing about being part of the Salt Lake Comic Con panel family is I've done panels with several of these wonderful people and participated in other projects with even more.

There are many cool reasons to like steampunk, but the main reason I love the genre and the art/decor/fashion is because the first time I had something published, it was a short story set in a steampunk world. Little Boiler Girl was included in a fantastic steampunk anthology, Mechanized Masterpieces, A Steampunk Anthology.

Having that little story included in such an amazing collection changed my life. So, I can honestly say steampunk changed my life. So, if you're at the con tomorrow (or, today if you're reading this on Thursday, September 21...), drop by. If you're a steampunk fan, you'll love it. If you're not, you'll hear about something we all love and maybe you'll become a fan, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment