Tuesday, September 26, 2017

One-Way Conversation Overheard When I Took In My Pontiac To Get Inspected...


Me: I walk into the service station. My car needs inspecting. Employee is on the phone talking to a customer. I only hear the employee already deep into his one-way conversation.

Employee: "Yeah, I called around and the only part I can find is $850.00."

Me: I wait until the conversation ends so I can tell him what I need.

Employee: "I checked to see if I could find an after-market part, but I couldn't find one."

Me: I continue waiting.

Employee: "Apparently Lexus hasn't given permission for another company to make that part so the only one I could find is from Lexus and it's $850.00."

Me: I look at the clock in the small customer area.

Employee: "Well, that's the best I could do, so if you can find a part somewhere else, more power to you, but there's not another part out there that I could find."

Me: I begin wondering how many times this employee needs to tell this customer the same thing.

Employee: "Yeah, it only costs $60 to put the part in, but the only part I can get is from Lexus directly and they're charging $850.00 for it."

Me: I still wait, and my previous question is still unanswered.

Employee: "I agree--that's a lot of money for that part, but I checked around and no one makes that part--only Lexus and they're charging $850.00 for it."

Me: After waiting about ten minutes the one-way question ends. I tell the employee what I need, toss him my keys, and take a picture of a beautiful older German automobile as I leave. I'm pretty sure you can get lots of parts for the Porsche, and if Porsche doesn't make it, Volkswagen most likely does.

No comments:

Post a Comment