Tuesday, September 19, 2017

At Salt Lake Comic Con...You Buy My Book, I Give The Profits To Charity


It helps, when you write a daily blog, to store blog post ideas for later. It saves time when it comes to writing. I've got a few blog post ideas lined up. I've written recently about our Seattle trip, but I haven't highlighted the main reason we went--my nephew's wedding. I could write about that. On my commute this morning two cars crashed into each others right in front of me. That can be another blog post. And I even saw and videoed a small snake slithering in our back yard this after noon.

But with the terrible storms destroying lives and news of today's Mexico City earthquake, those topics just didn't seem appropriate. So, what to write about?

Earlier this month I placed an order of Speckled, my one and only book, for this week's Salt Lake Comic Con. The number of books I ordered was based on past cons, plus I added a couple more because the last thing you want to have happen at a con is to run out of books.

My family and I were kicking around an idea earlier--what if I donated all book sales from this year's con to disaster relief charities. After today, I've decided that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Now, before you think this is going to be a huge life-changing financial contribution, it probably won't be. I charge a little less for my collection of short stories than if it were a novel. It's shorter than most of the books sold at the convention as well. But, it's something. It's something I can do to help out in a small way. Plus, I get my book out to more people and hopefully those people will not only enjoy the collection, but will feel good about helping out as well.

So if you're at this weekend's Salt Lake Comic Con, 2017 edition, look for Booth #639 and check out mine and all the other books we have for your reading, and philanthropic needs. Hopefully, I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment