Saturday, September 16, 2017

Seattle's Gas Works Park...


More Seattle Pictures.


And, why not? The place is amazing, and if the day is clear and the sun is shining, there's no end to what there is to see. And if it's cool to see, it's worth a picture or three.


Last week while on a visit my brother-in-law took us to another of Seattle's interesting sites, Gas Works Park. He said that it's really nice when the sun's out. He wasn't wrong. The park is built at the site of an old gas works concern (hence, the name...). They decided to leave some of the original structures to add character to the area. I'm glad they did. It's like huge art pieces right in the middle of everything. I could have taken pictures all day long of just the old gas works.


But there' so much more to see. In the lake there are two runways for seaplanes to take off and land. We were able to see several planes take off--very cool for land-locked people to witness.




And since it's a waterway, a myriad number of different boats criss-crossed the lake. There were people-powered craft, a desire to return to boats of old, even new boats I'd never seen before.



And since it's a public park, people want to express their opinions and so they do. Some were uplifting, others not so much. Of course, definition and meaning are in the eye of the graffiti law breaker.




There were huge yachts, Sleepless in Seattle homes on the water, and postcard-worthy views. I remember going to Disneyland years ago when it was one of the coldest April days on record. Near the end of the day, the park was almost empty, so much so, that my son and I were able to go on a ride and they let us just go again because no one else was waiting to ride. I remember thinking at the time that I'll probably never get that opportunity again. I almost feel like our visit to Gas Works Park last week was so good, I might not get that opportunity again.



1 comment:

  1. What a nice day! I love the photos you took. I only went to Seattle once but I need to go back. I remember going to Disneyland as a child and wow was it crowded! Nice you had that kind of day!

    ReplyDelete