Sunday, September 3, 2017

Taking Pictures On Sundays Of A Grand Old Building...


On Sundays, over the past couple of months, I've been using our church house as the subject of my Pic Of The Day photos. This was the church we attended when we first moved to our town decades ago. There's a lot of memories for me tied up in the old building. And even though many other churches have been built here, the old Rock Church feels like the heart of our town.


Since I'm not a student of architecture I can't identify the style of the building nor can I rattle off building trivia as many of the long-time residents can. It's still a special place for me and hopefully, for my family as well.


The building looks great in all seasons. Spring brings new life to the grass and sycamores--summer brings out the colors even more. Those same sycamores provide thousands of leaves for autumn, and even though snow makes getting to the building difficult for some of the church-goers, the building looks absolutely beautiful in winter.


There are newer churches--every other church in town is. They hare more reliable temperature controls, more comfortable pews, and other improvements, but I'll take the old Rock Church any day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment