Friday, September 7, 2018

Caffé Torino...A Great Little Place


Last weekend my wife and I decided to check out a new eatery just down the street.

It's called Caffé Torino. 

It was so good.


There are a few old homes downtown that have been converted to businesses and over the last century, several businesses have taken up shop, as it were, in those homes. I believe before Caffé Torino moved in, it was a salon. I'm not sure--I don't believe I'd ever stepped inside the building before in my life.


One thing this little cafe has going for it--and there are many things going for it--is the charm of the building. They've converted two rooms into eating spaces and since it was summer, several tables have been set up outside. We chose to remain inside and watched the world roll by through the large beautiful windows.


Of course, atmosphere isn't as important as the food, and the food was excellent. My lasagna tasted homemade--a good choice. My wife ordered a sandwich--something I believe I'll order next time. 
Before moving to our little Main Street, the restaurant was located in the middle of a new shopping complex. The new location suits the business better. 


Many of these businesses come and go and I'm hoping Caffé Torino sticks around. I can't promise we'll eat there frequently in the future. It seems like the kind of place the town will embrace and it will remain. As with most things, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment