Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Fidgeting Around...


There's a fidget spinner on my desk at work. There's also a phone that sits atop my desk because from my phone comes podcasts, talk radio shows, and audiobooks.

But the phone also has a camera--not the best phone camera that's out there right now, but it's pretty good. The spinner sits just below one of the monitors, waiting to be played with, waiting to exercise those fidget needs that crop up from time to time when you're putting in ten-hour shifts.

Last week, I succumbed to the lure of the spinner (while on a break, of course...). I also picked up the phone and experimented with the video options on the phone. It's kind of hypnotic.

Here's what I came up with.


To be honest, I thought the visuals of the fidget spinner spinning would be cooler. I thought it would be more interesting. I suppose it is interesting, in it's own way--just not as interesting as I thought it would be.


I videoed it spinning at regular speed, at slow-motion, and at time-lapsed.


I don't fidget with the spinner too much at work, and since I videoed it, I've not touched it at all. When I do pick it up again, I'll probably not videotape it.

Then again, you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment