Saturday, September 1, 2018

It's College Football Season...And I'm Watching It From A Dressing Room


The last few years I've found myself involved in theatrical productions in the fall and winter. This happens to be the same time college football season runs. Of course, in this modern day, a person can record an entire game and watch it later at their leisure. Still, there's something about watching a game live as it happens that's hard to beat.

The past few years, I haven't had the chance to do that.

And it looks like the same thing's going to happen again this time.

Yesterday the show my daughter and I have been doing closed--at least, for us. You might be thinking I'll now have my weekend's free. Actually, I won't have a weekend free until after Halloween. Next week is Salt Lake FanX Comic Convention, and after that, the next show begins, Lagoon Amusement Park's Séance.

There's two main differences between the theatre where we finished Pirates of Penzance, and where we do our haunted show...the former has internet access and the latter does not. Last fall I had to try and watch games (between shows, of course...) on my little phone and not on my laptop or iPad. Again, I'm not complaining (too much...). I can always watch the recorded game later.

Doing shows and entertaining people is something I love to do. And if having to wait to watch a sporting event is part of the price I pay to do that, I'll pay it gladly. Then again, if the Utes don't win, then it doesn't matter anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment