Friday, August 31, 2018

The Pie Pizzeria In Ogden...Baptized By Pizza!


I picked up my daughter from her first night class on Tuesday. We hadn't quite figured out bus systems so I thought it would be easier to just go and get her when she was done.

"How was class?"

"It was good," she said. I'm glad she didn't say she hated it because it was a subject I didn't particularly like--math. 

"You want to get something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"How does pizza sound?"

"Pizza sounds good," she said.

"I know just the place."

That's when I turned off Harrison Blvd and parked the car at The Pie Pizzeria in Ogden. I mean, you can't be considered a college student in Utah without experiencing The Pie.

It's not the original Pie--that's about thirty miles to the south in the basement of a pharmacy at the bottom of President's Circle at the University of Utah. When I went to the U, I didn't eat at The Pie everyday, but if I had the resources, I might have considered it. There are a few Pie Pizzerias out there. I believe I tried the one in Provo, but that was decades ago. I'm not even sure it's still there.

When I went to Weber State years ago, I ate at the pie a couple of times, or rather, we had The Pie pizzas ordered out. I was curious to see how this new location measured up to the original. It's really not fair to do that--anyone who's ever ate at the original knows what I'm talking about.


I'm happy to say the Ogden location is a fine substitute for those not making the trip down south. It's got a good vibe, a sweet patio where we watched the sun set and heard the Hill Air Force Base jets roar (something I love...), but the most important thing is the food. I know it's been a while since I've had any Pie Pizzeria pizza--the food we had Tuesday night was delicious! Good and filling! The leftovers carried me through two lunches.

I'm glad I could introduce my daughter to The Pie. I told her as we left that now she'll know what people are talking when they say, "Hey, how 'bout we order The Pie?" It's yet another way of knowing she's officially a college student. 

Baptized by pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment