Monday, August 27, 2018

Our First "First Day Of School Photo"...Ever


For years--as long as there's been social media, anyway--friends have posted pictures of their children headed off to school. This last week I saw a slew of them. I've even seen people complain about all the pictures on their social media feed. But (just like this post...), I think most people post those pictures more for themselves, than for others.

So, I've watched people post pictures year after year, post pictures of their kids in prom dresses and tuxes, post pictures of their children graduating and advancing in school. Since we homeschool I've never posted a picture of my kids on their first day of school, nor have I posted pictures of my kids before they attended any school dances (because they never asked/were never asked to attend...).

Until now.

Today our daughter donned her backpack, caught the bus, and went to her first college class. Her older brother did the same thing, he went to college years ago, but I don't remember making a big deal of his first day. But he also moved out of the house for two years for a church mission before he ever went to college. 

A few days ago I posted a picture of my daughter in a formal dress. She was modeling for a neighbor who makes and sells modest formal gowns. You could say it's us posting a picture of how she looks in a prom dress, even though she never attended a school dance.

Again, I think we post these pictures more for ourselves than others. The same can be said for this particular blog post. But, for everyone out there who have graced us with pictures of their kids over the years as they ventured off to school, I've joined your ranks. It just took me a few more years to be part of the club. 


2 comments: