Saturday, August 11, 2018

Can The 2018 Football Season Just Get Here Already...?


I haven't been home much at night due to a play starting. But tonight I was and after doing a little channel surfing, I found a pre-season NFL game, Vikings vs Broncos. Those are two teams I usually root for, the Vikings were the favorite team of my youth and there's a couple of reasons I usually want the Broncos to win--they're the closest team to where I live. They have drafted a few players who played locally, and when we lived in Colorado Springs for one year back in the 1990s, it was hard not to be a Denver Broncos' fan.

But, it's pre-season.

I wish the season were just here already. Last year I must have had more time in the summer because I read a lot of articles about some of my pro football teams, and I really researched and read up on the University of Utah Utes football team. Because of my experience last fall and winter, I vowed I would never do that again. I'd never buy into the hype of pre-season pro or college football. It's just too disheartening.

I remember being really excited about the 2017 U of U season. I mean, they were supposed to be SO good! They were picked to compete for the Pac-12 South championship and even have a shot at the Rose Bowl.

Needless to say, they did neither.

This year, I haven't read any of the articles or spent a lot of time reading articles or checking out sports takes, I've heard not only is the 2018 squad better, the same old promises and wishes are thrown about like free advice on the internet. It's worth about the price you pay.

I didn't watch the entire game tonight. I didn't see the Vikings destroy the Broncos, even though it was just pre-season. Maybe because I didn't want to get hyped up. Thankfully, I've had the the play to focus on instead of thinking about how cool it would be for the Utes to finally get that monkey off their back, win the south and play for the roses.

Who knows? Maybe this is their year. If so, I don't know much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment