Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Happy Birthday Son...And All The Taken Pictures


Today my youngest turns fourteen. It's amazing how fast life passes and seeing the children grow into adults is one of the most effective way of demonstrating that thought. We were all together tonight--a rarity with five adults in a family of six. 

Several months ago I was asked by my kid's grandmother for a picture of my youngest. She had pictures of the rest of her grandchildren on a shelf in her house...

All but the youngest. We remedied that last month. 

Her request got me thinking. I take so many pictures, many of my children. We have literally hundreds of physical photos of the older ones because back in the day, we used film and had the pictures developed. Once digital became the standard, everything's on the computer, or backed up on disk drives. I wondered just how many pictures I've taken of my youngest. And with over 20k pictures backed up, going through them all wasn't really an option.


Thank goodness for a somewhat creepy feature of Macintosh computers. They use facial recognition software to identify people in your photo library. I clicked on that and there they were. I know it's not all the pictures I have of him, but I was so happy to find the collection.

Happy birthday to my youngest! He's an absolute joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment