Sunday, August 26, 2018

My Friend Would LOVE To Have This In His House...


A few weekends ago, my wife and I climbed into the van and went looking for bargains in other people's yards. And even though we didn't buy it, we found something that I know my friend Ken would have absolutely loved.

It was an orange sofa system from the 1960s (or another era--I haven't studied furniture styles...).

It was beautiful.

Of course, it's nothing we could have bought for ourselves. We have no room in our house for such a trophy item. But even though we couldn't us it, I'm sure someone else could. That's the beauty (others might think differently...) of yard sales. There's stuff there that someone somewhere can use and most likely needs. You could argue no one needs the large orange sofa system from circa 1965 (or another era--I haven't studied furniture styles...), but we all know it just takes the right person to come along, see the piece of furniture, want it, pay for it, load it up in a truck, and put it in their house.

I knew my Ken would like it because he collects classic furniture and home furnishings. He's posted a few pictures on social media, especially when he finds a classic addition to his home decor. Personally, I love the style--maybe because I was born in the middle of the 1960s. Seriously, I think I like the retro style because it's different. Everything oozes personality and I don't see a lot of that today. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I don't see it.

We got back in the van after checking out the other items and left the large orange sofa system behind. I wonder what became of it. Did it find a new owner, someone who will take care of it and appreciate it and show it the respect it deserves? 

Or will it end up at the local thrift store? 

I do know there's at least one other person out there who thought it was awesome. I'm sure there are more than just us two.

No comments:

Post a Comment