Friday, August 17, 2018

New Razor Day...Haven't Needed A New One Since June 10th, 2013


I was chatting with a fellow actor Eric this evening as we waited for the show to begin. I told him that I had to break out a new razor today because the one I'd been using for years broke--it literally fell apart. I asked him how often he buys razors.

Eric said after he uses a razor four times, he has to toss it because it gets too dull.

Four times.

I told him I'd been using the same razor for years. He asked how long. I pulled out my computer, did a quick blog search (because I remember the last time I actually purchased razors, I blogged about it...). Turns out the last time I used a new razor--the same razor that disintegrated on me yesterday--was June 10th, 2013.


For those keeping track, that's 1893 days, or 270 weeks and three days.

During that same time, assuming he shaved every day, Eric would have used 473 and a quarter razors. 

Being bald, I knew I was saving money on haircuts. Turns out being unable to grow a beard or a mustache saves money, too, this time with razors. People who have to shave everyday say I'm lucky, and I suppose I am. Back in June of 2013 I bought two razors. One is destroyed and the new one was baptized this afternoon. And if past is prologue and the new one is as reliable as its twin, in 270 weeks (and three days...), I'll need to make a purchase. If only everything could last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment