Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Two Of My Favorite Things...Summer Rainstorms And The Camera On My Phone


I was interrupted this afternoon by the sound of a great August storm roll through the valley. Unfortunately I was working or I would have sat on the porch, smelled the moisture-filled air, and watched as water fell from heaven.

It's one of my favorite things.

Another favorite thing is the incredible camera on my phone. I know it's not the best phone camera out there, but I don't care. It's light-years away from the first phone camera I had (I think it was a Nokia...) and I can do things with that phone that I could never imagine doing on my Olympus OM-10 (and I loved my OM-10...).

This afternoon, as the storm ebbed, these two loves came together. I took out the phone and recorded a video using the slo-mo feature. In normal speed it's just random drops hitting the top of our recycle trash receptacle. But slowed down, it's poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment