Monday, August 13, 2018

Hail Lefties! It's Our Day...


Today is International Lefthanders Day, a day dedicated to about 10% of the population of which, I am one. Can't say I did anything special to celebrate. I worked, did a show tonight, came home and now I'm getting ready to retire. Looking back, I did one thing not involving my left hand when I should have used my left hand. I was informed by my dancing partner that on a certain dance move in our show, I was moving my right arm when I should have used my left. 

I suppose I sullied the day.

I've vowed to improve.


I came across a website this morning that had information left-handed people. You can access it: HERE. There's a lot of information with a scientific bent on the age-old question--why do some people turn out to be left-handed?

The study didn't focus on the brain, but the spinal cord as a way of unlocking the mystery of the left-handed people.

Back in 2014 I blogged about Lefthanders Day. You can access that site: HERE. I don't think about being left-handed very much. It's just life. I know it looks strange for other to watch me write and do other things, but that's life, too.

There's just under an hour left of the day for lefties. For 90% of the population, they think it's a day for us. But for the other 10%, everyday is lefthanders day.

No comments:

Post a Comment