Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lefties (Non-Political...) Unite!


National Left Handers Day...

Was Yesterday.

Isn't that just the way of things sometimes?

Now, even though I'm left handed, there's a lot I don't know about our species. Many studies have been done about left handed people. Do they live longer/shorter? Are they happier/not as happy as "normal" people? How can those freaks write with a pencil?

Okay...I made up that last one.

The point is, we're different. We're a minority. We're the others... And I've always been okay with that. All of us left handers have stories of how we cope in a right handed world. For me, I learned how to use right handed scissors with my left hand.

That's right! No geeky green plastic covered scissors for me! No way!

But as left handers go, I'm kind of lucky. I'm somewhat ambidextrous (except in using scissors...). I don't feel so much that I'm betraying my left handed brothers and sisters than I feel I'm just living my life and using my hands the best way possible. 

So, here's to you, fellow soldiers in an unfair world! Here's to those who avoid writing with pencils! Here's to the baseball players, softball players and golfers who look "strange" on the field! You are not alone! Raise those left hands and stand tall! Stand proud and proclaim to the world--we will not go quietly into the night!

It's too bad I missed this year's National Left Handers Day. You can access their website: HERE. Hopefully next year I'll be more on the ball so I can celebrate with my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment