Friday, August 29, 2014

Ten Books That Stayed With Me...A Facebook Activity

*

For those of us on Facebook and other social media sites, there are times when friends as you to participate in various "activities." For the most part, I find myself unasked, which isn't too bad a situation to be in.

But a couple of my literary friends asked if I would participate in a activity that asked to name 10 books that have stayed with me. The tagger then listed 10 of his books and asked several others to do the same.

Easy I thought...

Turns out, not so much!

Ever since I went back to school a few years ago, I have not only fallen in love (all over again...) with reading, but it seems to consume my day. I'm fortunate to be able to listen to audiobooks while I'm at work. On a good week I can finish two or three novels--unless, of course, they're a Brandon Sanderson story.

I got the challenge in the morning and put it off until later, but when it came down to choosing just ten books, it's a difficult proposition. Some of my choices were not my "favorite of all time" books, but I found myself thinking about the stories and the effect they had on me.

Here are my ten (in no particular order...) and I can honestly say each one of them changed me.

Peace Like A River
Les Miserable
To Kill A Mockingbird
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance
Captain Nemo
The Stand
Creativity, Inc.
Gods And Generals
Seabiscuit
The Devil And White City

* Photo use without permission from: http://willvaus.blogspot.com/2012/01/c-s-lewis-top-ten.html

No comments:

Post a Comment