Friday, August 8, 2014

Todd...How Do You Do It?

If you've followed this blog in the past few weeks, I've mentioned a couple of productions in which I'm involved. It has been a crazy couple of months! 

I went through: rehearsal, then rehearsal (for one show...) and rehearsal for another, then performing one show while rehearsing for another, then rehearsal for just one show. But tonight ends at least a part of the madness. Tonight is our last rehearsal for the second show. Beginning Monday my schedule is doing one show every other night (except Sundays...) until the first week of September.

Needless to say, the whole experience has taxed my aging body. And so it is that much more amazing that I have a friend who has lived that lifestyle of doing show after show--sometimes congruently--as well as choir concerts and the occasional run or bike race.


And his name is Todd.

I've been in some of those shows and/or choirs with Todd over the years. And inevitably the conversation turns to a discussion of him slowing down or taking things a little easier. And he admits, he really should, but if you know Todd, you know it's not in his nature to turn down something.

Obviously!

Todd--I don't know how you've done it over the years, but it's pretty amazing that you do. Stay strong, brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment