Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ken Sanders...A Rare Book Store


Maybe it’s because bookstores are disappearing off the face of the earth, but when I come across a used bookstore, some of them resemble an abandoned church, or a place of worship that’s fallen in need of repair. Last week I visited such a building, a temple of knowledge.


Just off of State Street in downtown Salt Lake City you’ll find Ken Sander’s Bookstore. It's a rare find for rare books. The place is packed with literature, and other oddities. You walk the aisles and books seem to be so packed together, you fear the my spring from the shelves.


I picked up a Zane Grey book, not the ones printed in the 1920s and 1930s (those were too expensive...), but a newer one. I've never read a Zane Grey novel so now's my chance.


If you're in downtown Salt Lake, to go to 2nd East between 2nd South and 3rd South--you'll see it. But, I've heard that they might have to move, so you'd better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment